Thursday, May 1, 2008

I have money again, so I can eat and drink, and buy albums. Like Series Two Records' recently issued four-disc compilation. Ninety songs from 90 artists with names like Eggnog and Doggy and Fairytalors and The Pains of Being Pure at Heart. My teeth are rotting out of my skull just thinking of it. There's just something so right about an obscure, bedroom Swedish pop band having its stuff released on an obscure, bedroom pop label from Columbus, Nebraska. The four discs are hand-numbered and limited to just 100 releases. There's an accompanying written missive from Christoper B., the individual who sweated his way through this project. It's on notebook paper, too, with scrawl that inches along like my cousin's, which I suppose adds to the comfortable feeling this purchase is lending me. I'm a sucker for such DIY packaging.

No comments: